10.11.2013

Quilts

I love to quilt and recently dug out the pictures of some of my favorite creations:


I made this one for my brother, Micah.  
He was hiking Mt Kilimanjaro as I was hand quilting it.
I named the quilt "Kibo" after one of the peaks on Mt. Kilimanjaro.
I love the earthy tones of the quilt, but my favorite part (which can't be seen in these pics) is that the back of the quilt is corduroy. 



This quilt is called "Walk in the Woods."  
I made it for Cody and Wendy a few years ago for Christmas.
I love the colors of this one too.  It looks so complicated (from piecing perspective), but I remember it was a lot of fun to put together.



This bright, bold beauty was made for my nephew, David.
I have this lofty goal of making a quilt for each of my nieces/nephews to welcome them into the world. 
So far, David is the only one that's received a quilt.



2 comments:

Rachel said...

They are all beautiful! I'm a bit partial to Davids - we LOVE it. Thanks April! You are very talented.

Brooklyn said...

Those colors are perfect for David! The quilts are beautiful!